Hiring: Warehouse Worker
Location: Montgomery, IL
Nexeo Plastics is a leading global thermoplastic resins distributor, representing quality products from world-class suppliers, and serving a diverse customer base across North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia. From material selection to supply chain and inventory solutions, we go beyond traditional logistics to provide value-added services across many industries, including automotive, healthcare, packaging, wire and cable, 3D printing and more. Our people, our passion, our global reach, and our technology platform allow us to create unique ways to reduce complexity in your business, identify efficiencies, and unlock value for suppliers and customers.
Nexeo Plastics facilities are ISO 9001 certified. We diligently observe a commitment to quality in all of our practices and adhere to a defined quality policy. The Warehouse Person will be responsible for monitoring and collecting various materials from production lines and delivering the materials to the designated facility locations.? Additionally, will properly handle and manage non-hazardous wastes as scheduled or required. Responsible for restaging and tracking materials, as well as baling cardboard and plastic film.? Assist other team members as needed and lead or assist with special assignments or tasks as requested.
- Performs required pre-use inspections of equipment inspections and provide required reports. Monitor hours of service accurately.
- Provides outstanding customer service during the delivery and pick up operations.
- Assist customers with questions or problems attend to customer needs.
- Ensure delivered goods correspond to products identified on the bill of lading.
- During loading and unloading of truck process: check weights of shipment and monitor distribution weight to legal road limits, check material for damage and quantity discrepancies, and engage appropriate Nexeo Solutions team member if any discrepancies exist.
- Picks up empty or partially empty drums, totes.
- Reviews paperwork to ensure transport of material is authorized and in compliance.
- Operates fork lift to pick material, store and stage material and bulk off load material from either bulk tank trucks or rail cars.
- Performs any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations (e.g. warehouse clean up).
- Attends and participate in training meetings.
- Performs duties and tasks in a manner consistent with Business Responsibilities of Nexeo Solutions.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- 0-2 year’s previous warehouse experience preferred. ·
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required
- Recent experience with a baler or compactor is preferred
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand and apply instructions in the English language.
- Must be able to understand and comply with all laws governing the trucking and warehousing industry.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations related to container quantities, blending, etc.
- Must be a team player/team oriented
- Must be available to work multiple shifts
- Continuously be able to identify warehouse layout and assess clearance between objects. Ability to see warning signals.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
- Nexeo Plastics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Additionally, Nexeo Plastics participates in the E-Verify program to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.
For Immediate Consideration, Click Apply Now to Complete Your Application