Job Req: 58566
Clean Harbors is seeking a Vice President of National Transportation & Logistics. This person will lead the execution and building of our private fleet tanker operations hauling oils, chemicals, and hazardous waste as well as external carrier spend. The P&L responsibility is between $75M to $100M annually.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Create an environment that fosters talent development and transparent leadership.
- Oversight of the scheduling, staffing and management of the transportation network that supports the operations.
- Management of transportation compliance within the company network related to carrier qualification and internal fleet and driver requirements.
- Manages outside transportation expenses including over the road and any associated equipment and lease contracts with vendors
- Profit and Loss Management for budgeted area of responsibility.
- Ensure proper sizing or equipment such as tractors and trailers.
- Growth of the private fleet capacity to internalize transportation and reduce outside transportation expense
- Provide pricing, resource support, scheduling and transportation oversight for large Waste Projects
- Negotiate transportation rates with suppliers and vendors
- Provide direction and cost analysis to influence proper system routing for waste and oil shipments
- Work with Sales & Operations Planning Team and Refineries to ensure feed and production requirements are being met.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/Management required
- Master’s Degree or higher in Logistics/Management preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience required
- Ability to multi-task
- Must have strong communication skills
- Ability to develop and implement strategy
- Travel of up to 35% at peak times
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.