Sushi Chef Hiring Event!
11am to 2pm & 4pm to 7pm
3115 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA
Full and Part time Available
Apply today! Interviews being scheduled for early next week! Hiring on the spot!
Who You'll Work For
REEF's mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity
to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You'll Do
The Sushi Chef's responsibilities include handling a wide range of raw fish and other ingredients, managing food stock and working with an attention to detail to fulfill all orders within quality standards in accordance with recipe and service guidelines. Monitors and ensures the portioning of foods prepared in the Kitchen and maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the sushi station and equipment
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Create high-quality sushi including cooking rice, rolling sushi, temperature recording, cutting and packaging for take-out preparation
- Prepare all types of sushi, including maki, nigiri and sashimi
- Estimates food requirements and controls serving portions, eliminates waste and leftovers.
- Prepares all food efficiently and in sufficient quantities in compliance with Kitchen policy.
- Add additional flavors to sushi rolls with ginger, rice vinegar, wasabi and soy sauce, when appropriate
- Ensure all operating standards including food safety and quality are strictly adhered to
- Provide a high level of attention to guest satisfaction and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Maintain hygiene principles in all cooking areas and clean your space at the end of the shift
- Monitor taste and quality control of all food production.
- Complete all assigned daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties
What We Want From You:
- 2-3 years of experience as a Sushi or Asian line cook at a medium to heavy volume restaurant.
- Knowledge of sushi preparation, proper fish handling
- Knowledge of Japanese/Asian ingredients and fish fabrication techniques
- Excellent knife skills and attention to detail
- Leadership skills
- Restaurant Experience, preferable
- Some Knowledge of COGS and Inventory
- Previous cooking and supervision experience
- Open availability
- Operational knowledge of hospitality equipment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedure
- Familiar with industry's best practices
- Education/Specialized Knowledge Requirements
- Serve safe certified
- Supervisory Experience, Preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Seeing: Must be able to read screen & various reports
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate
- Standing / walking
- Climbing / kneeling/bending
- Lifting / pulling / pushing
- Grasping / feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.