Now hiring a highly efficient, organized team player to join our team as a Staff Accountant!
Why is it AWESOME to work at Capitol City Produce?
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Cancer, and Short Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Employer Matching Contributions
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Weekly Pay
- Employee Training and Development
- Secured Access for Entire Facility
- Safe, Drug Free Workplace
We offer our team members the chance to grow personally and professionally, while strengthening our organization, and providing a service to our customers that goes above and beyond their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our ever-growing team. Cultivate your career here.
As a member of our family owned business, the Staff Accountant has a broad range of responsibilities including account reconciliations, claims tracking, sales tax, rebates, credit approval and reporting, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable support, and accounting projects.
- Review general ledger accounts and prepare and post adjusting journal entries
- Perform account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts
- Post monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals
- Maintain general ledger charts of accounts
- Ensure bank account reconciliations are completed timely and accurately.
- Assist Accounting Manager with the financial reporting process and ensure the process is complete within 10 business days subsequent to month-end.
- Maintain the fixed asset ledger system.
- Assist Accounting Manager with annual year end financial audit.
- Responsible for renewing occupational, gaming and other business specific licenses.
- Maintain various excel reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate sales tax filings.
- Responsible for preparing monthly vendor and customer rebates and working with Accounts Payable to ensure payments are processed timely.
- Maintain insurance claims tracking and ensure timely resolution with insurer.
- Assist with inventory adjustment research and communicate findings to inventory control personnel.
- Responsible for updating Non-AR payment log and following up with vendors for payment
- Assist AR Supervisor with tracking targets and streamline customer reporting.
- Responsible for customer credit approvals.
- Assist AR with payment processing and resolve billing issues.
- Vouch AP invoices in accounting system
- Serve as backup to Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Perform other accounting duties or special projects as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Must show a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written).
- Must be able to quickly process detailed information in a high transaction environment.
- Intermediate user: Personal Computers (Excel, Word, Internet, G-Suite, Adobe Acrobat).
- 10-key accuracy and speed.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have a basic understanding of GAAP
- Enjoy working with other people in a close proximity environment.
Capitol City Produce is a wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area. We are proud to say that for over 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.