POSITION TITLE: NIGHT QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
LOCATION: BATON ROUGE, LA
The Quality Assurance Specialist will work under the direction of the Night Operations Management and is responsible primarily for ensuring that product selected and delivered to our customers meets company and customer quality standards and specifications.
Quality Assurance has responsibility for verifying product quality at the time product is received, at all times during the product’s storage in the distribution center and upon product being returned by customers to the distribution center. Quality Assurance is responsible for consistently executing the Quality Assurance Plan and reporting results of quality verifications to the Procurement Manager.
The scope of Quality Control includes ensuring that upon receipt, while in storage and upon return from a customer that:
- Product meets quality standards and expectations.
- Dated product has appropriate remaining shelf life.
- Product and product packaging are not damaged.
- Product is rotated properly.
- Product is stored in proper temperatures.
- Product is handled in accordance with food safety standards.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Quality Assurance/Control in a warehouse environment or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Food distribution industry experience is highly preferred.
- Good computer skills.
- Must be well organized.
- Possess good oral, reading, writing and math skills.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently respond to questions from company departmental staff, customers, and regulatory auditors as required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and situations that require patience and courtesy.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk throughout the warehouse continuously.
- Must be able to withstand cold temperatures in a produce warehouse environment.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Short Term Disability and Cancer
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Drug Free and Safe Workplace
- Opportunity for Advancement
Apply online @ www.capitolcityproduce.com