“Tomorrow’s Technology in Today’s Machine Tools”, is Dorian Tool’s vision and guiding principle.
The Dorian Tool Evolution began in 1982 with the introduction of the Quadra index Tool Post. The evolution continues strong with innovative and industry changing ideas that create tomorrow's technology by our inventive engineers. We build the most technologically advanced Turning, Boring, Cutoff, Milling and many other new cutting tools. Whether manufacturing machining parts for automotive, aerospace, oil, defense or other industrial applications; large parts or small; no matter the size or complexity, the unmatched quality of Dorian Tool products turns machining into profit. We service our global partners through warehouses and distributors in North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
We are expanding and are looking for great people to join us. Come out to East Bernard County (we’re only 25 minutes from Sugar Land TX, against traffic) and avoid the Houston grind. We’re a “Best in Class” employer out here and proud to offer great career opportunities and benefits. Visit http://www.doriantool.com
Open Position: Purchasing Agent
Purchase machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, or services necessary for the operation of the Company. Purchase raw or semi-finished materials for manufacturing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchase the highest quality merchandize at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers originating requests.
- Confer with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Arrange shipment of items in the most cost effective way. Manage RMA’s of items ordered.
- Monitor shipments to ensure timeliness and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists. Verify information uploaded correctly by IT.
- Code documents according to company procedures. Issue PO numbers.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions and specific accounts.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned by Management.
- Review month end inventory onsite against system inventory.
- Assist and enforce the budget. Approves orders up to $5000.00
Education and Work Requirements
- Minimum High school diploma or GED, MUST have 3 years’ experience in purchasing
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Access with V Lookup capabilities
- Great pay and career path based on experience and initiative.
- Employer paid BCBS Health & Dental, Vision and generous 401k matching.
- Company paid college tuition fund for children born while parent is employed here
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Must pass drug screen
- Dorian Tool is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please apply online or in person 9 – 4pm at Dorian Tool, 615 CR 219, East Bernard, TX 77435
No phone calls please