Capitol City Produce
Capitol City Produce is a family owned and operated wholesale produce distributor.
At Capitol City Produce we work hard at empowering energized employees to grow personally and professionally so as to share in the success of the company. Since the Ferachi family founded Capitol City Produce in 1947, our family business has grown to become the largest wholesale produce suppliers in the Gulf Coast region and widely respected for providing safe quality foods. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. We are proud to say that for 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.
Now Hiring a Night Shipping Supervisor in Baton Rouge, LA
The Night Shipping Supervisor will work under the direction of the Night Shipping Manager and is responsible for directing Floor Leads in the coordination of Order Selector activities concerning the receiving, counting, processing, inspecting, replenishing, storing, packing and locating of merchandise. Maintains stock records and schedules. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled. Ensure that the loads are safe, secure and within DOT regulations. Provide day-to-day supervision and leadership. Plans and assigns work; implements policies and procedures; increases subordinates’ skills and capabilities; and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the outbound operations
• Supervise the Night Operational shift comprised of the Selector, Loader, Sanitation and Night Office teams
• Implement standardized procedures to increase the efficiency of employees
• Print and post productivity report at the end of each shift
• Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent
• Four (4) years of experience in the warehouse supervision field or a related area
• Must be in good physical condition with the ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs
• Ability to operate warehouse equipment including but not limited to forklift, cart and electric ride on pallet jack
• Knowledge of Bar Code Technology and Electronic Data Interchange
For Immediate Consideration, click “Apply” to send us a copy of your resume!
Apply Online at www.capitolcityproduce.com/careers
All candidates must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.