Capitol City Produce
Now hiring a motivated Night Sanitation worker to join our warehouse team!
Why is it AWESOME to work at Capitol City Produce?
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Referral Bonuses
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Cancer, and Short Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Employer Matching Contributions
- Weekly Pay
- Employee Training and Development
- On Site Safety Manager
- Secured Access for Entire Facility
- Safe, Drug Free Workplace
As a Night Sanitation worker in our family owned business, you are responsible for properly cleaning all areas, interior and exterior, in the warehouse and offices. Must be a motivated person in sanitation who is willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High school education or GED is preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years experience in warehouse and office facility.
- Food industry sanitation experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Must be able to follow orders.
- Must be able to work with little direct supervision.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Must be safety cautious.
- Experience in operation of warehouse equipment to include: reach trucks, pallet jacks, sweeper, floor scrubber, bailer, hydraulic trash compactor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Properly clean all areas, interior and exterior, in the warehouse and office of refuse as well as damaged product.
- Operates machinery to include power pallet jacks, sweeper, and other equipment.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, kitchen lounges/break room, restrooms, corridors, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Picks up refuse from facility grounds. Sweeps and cleans entire warehouse to maintain required level of cleanliness.
- Empties trash bins and cleans trash area daily; operates trash compactor when applicable.
- Pulls pallets and cleans/scrubs product bays on a rotating basis.
- Cleans up any spills or breakages to inventoried product; recoups damages and
- determines if resalable or must be disposed of per government and food safety requirements.
- Performs light maintenance duties as assigned (i.e. replacement of light bulbs, collecting
- recyclable materials, paper and shrink wrap collection pickup, checking freezer and cooler for leaks or ice buildup, etc.)
- Prepares various reports and forms to document cleaning schedule, spillages, product
- damage, etc. May track and order maintenance supplies.
- Maintain facility grounds and dumpster areas.
- Safely uses a variety of cleaners, chemicals, etc. to complete tasks.
- Completes all required paperwork (for example: downtime, HACCP, etc., utilizing SAP, SOP's, Safety operation, training, as appropriate.)
- Follow GMP's and perform other duties as necessary and as assigned by department lead(s) and/or supervisor.
- Promote safety and make sure all employees are always working in a safe manner.
Capitol City Produce is a wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area. We are proud to say that for over 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.