Now Hiring a Night Operations Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
The Night Operations Shift Manager will work under the direction of the Warehouse Operations Manager and is responsible for directing all activities of Night Operations shift. Provide leadership to the supervisors and leads while actively managing all activities of the shift, including: order selection, quality assurance inspections, forklift replenishing, dock flow, office management, sanitation and safety. Develop and implement systems and processes to increase productivity, order accuracy, and on-time truck departures to ensure customer satisfaction. Interact with all employees in a positive manner to ensure a positive work environment and increase employee retention.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit, train and retain high quality employees.
- Inspire a positive team culture and interact with your team in a supportive demeanor.
- Ensure an appreciation for SOPs and that they are followed consistently.
- Create a culture based on safety that prevents accidents and promotes safe operations for all employees.
- Prepare and manage work schedules to provide proper shift coverage, while minimizing overtime and maximizing shift throughput.
- Work with the Safety and Loss Prevention Manager to develop training programs for order selectors and forklift operators to ensure safe and productive operations of all equipment.
- Monitor all forklift activity to ensure all slots are replenished when necessary to ensure maximize productivity for the shift.
- Monitor loading process to ensure loading process follows the outbound departure schedule to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Train all loaders to properly inspect pallets for proper stacking and shrink wrapping to eliminate product damage during transit.
- Manage Sanitation employees to ensure that the warehouse sanitation meets all Food Safety requirements.
- Ensure that all paperwork (payroll, terms, write-ups, incentives, etc.) are written accurately and returned in a timely manner.
- Requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Five years of experience in a Distribution leadership role, preferably in a food distribution environment.
- Exceptional personal relationship skills.
- Business acumen is essential.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to develop accountability systems to achieve high level goals.
- Excellent ability to analyze data timely, efficiently, effectively, and multi-task projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to remain focused with changing objectives, deadlines, and priorities beyond one’s control.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to analyze data and formulate improvement plans based on results.
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a large workforce.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Highly organized with strong multi-tasking skills, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Previous experience working with computer-based routing systems.
- Relevant safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Project management concepts and techniques.
- Ability to work nights and weekend rotation shifts.
- Ability to work holidays where the company remains open for business.
- Must pass a drug and alcohol screen.
For Immediate Consideration, click “Apply” to send us a copy of your resume!