Now Hiring a Dedicated, Team Focused, Highly Motivated Leader to work as a
Night Shift Assistant Supervisor for our Baton Rouge Distribution Center!
Why is it AWESOME to work at Capitol City Produce?
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Cancer, and Short Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Employer Matching Contributions
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Weekly Pay
- Newly Expanded and Updated Warehouse Facility
- Employee Training and Development
- On Site Safety Manager
- Secured Access for Entire Facility
- Safe, Drug Free Workplace
We offer our team members the chance to grow personally and professionally, while strengthening our organization, and providing a service to our customers that goes above and beyond their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our ever-growing team. Cultivate your career here.
As a member of our family owned business, the Night Shift Assistant Supervisor will work under the direction of the Night Operations Shift Manager and is responsible for directing Floor Leads in the coordination of Order Selector activities concerning the receiving, counting, processing, inspecting, replenishing, storing, packing and locating of merchandise. Maintains stock records and schedules. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled. Ensure that the loads are safe, secure, and within DOT regulations. Provide day-to-day supervision and leadership. Plans and assigns work; implements policies and procedures; increases subordinates’ skills and capabilities; and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Ability to assist the Night Operations Manager and route trucks using Roadnet and Truck-Builder for optimum efficiencies.
- Prepare and distribute work schedules for Order Selectors and minimize O/T by determining work procedures and expediting work flow on a weekly basis.
- Monitor productivity reports several times a shift and correct any issues that arise.
- Print and post productivity report at the end of each shift. Follow up with a consultation with each order selector that is not performing and/or showing signs of improvement.
- Study and standardized procedures to improve the efficiency of employees.
- Consult with Night Operations Manager daily on progress and ways to improve productivity
- Ensure Floor Leads are in their designated work areas
- Work with the Floor Leads on keeping the warehouse floor clear of all debris and empty pallets to ensure optimum productivity
- Monitor let down and sanitation productivity. Make sure all slots are replenished when necessary and that the warehouse is always clean.
- Monitor loading process. Make sure pallets are stacked properly and loaded on to trucks in a timely manner. Manage loader activity.
- Operates equipment safely and efficiently as required.
- Interact in a positive manner with the entire warehouse team. Promote team-building among employees.
- Promote safety and make sure that all employees are working in a safe manner. Strive to create a safety culture with all team members.
- Fill out all paperwork is filled out completely and properly. Turn in paperwork to appropriate departments for processing by the established guidelines.
- Assist all team members with any problems or concerns.
- Issue written and oral instructions.
- Maintain harmony among employees and resolve any grievances when they arise.
- Confer with other managers, supervisors and leads in the distribution center to ensure the coordination of all warehouse activities.
- Confer with other managers, supervisors and leads outside of night operations to ensure their coordination of other functions including production, inventory management and quality assurance,
- Identify employee skills and develop them further by coaching and counseling employees on a regular basis.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and provide continual feedback on both positive and negative performance.
- Manage and evaluate productivity and performance (errors) of an Order Selector daily and address concerns individually.
- Develop and manage a documented training program for all employees.
- Approve payroll information and amend time errors
- Ensure that all paperwork (payroll, terminations, write-ups, etc.) are written accurately and returned in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all critical care orders are addressed and checked for accuracy.
- Ensure that all reasonable special requests from the sales team are completed and followed up on.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on WMS and Dakota voice systems
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in warehouse operations and supervision required
- Previous warehouse and food distribution experience is preferred
- Able to interpret financial and operational data
- Basic computer skills
- Familiarity with inventory control, OSHA, HACCP and other regulatory requirements
- Ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, communication and employee development skills
- Broad knowledge of warehouse operations, methods and procedures.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends, holidays, and overtime. Shift begins at 5:00 p.m. and generally ends by 4:00 a.m but can be extended during busy times.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Capitol City Produce is a wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area. We are proud to say that for over 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.