Now hiring an organized and detail-oriented Night Office Specialist to join our team!
Why is it AWESOME to work at Capitol City Produce?
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Referral Bonuses
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Cancer, and Short Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Employer Matching Contributions
- Weekly Pay
- Employee Training and Development
- On Site Safety Manager
- Secured Access for Entire Facility
- Safe, Drug Free Workplace
As a Night Office Specialist in our family owned business, under the direction of the Night Operations Supervisor, you are responsible for ensuring timely and efficient processing of pick tickets for Order Selectors.
Supports the Administrative Team and Outbound Manager as needed.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of Bar Code Technology and Electronic Data Interchange a plus.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Read, write, and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special languages skills when there is a business need).
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the warehouse, receiving & loading area and parking lot.
- Able to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with a meal break.
- Must pass a drug and alcohol screen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Print and sort labels.
- Distribute pre-printed pick tickets to Order Selectors.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
- Ability to operate telephone, photocopier, fax machines, and PC workstation.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Interact in a positive manner with the entire warehouse team and promote team building.
- Promote safety and make sure all employees are always working in a safe manner.
Capitol City Produce is a wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area. We are proud to say that for over 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.