“Tomorrow’s Technology in Today’s Machine Tools”, is Dorian Tool’s vision and guiding principle.
The Dorian Tool Evolution began in 1982 with the introduction of the Quadra index Tool Post. The evolution continues strong with innovative and industry changing ideas that create tomorrow's technology by our inventive engineers. We build the most technologically advanced Turning, Boring, Cutoff, Milling and many other new cutting tools. Whether manufacturing machining parts for automotive, aerospace, oil, defense or other industrial applications; large parts or small; no matter the size or complexity, the unmatched quality of Dorian Tool products turns machining into profit. We service our global partners through warehouses and distributors in North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
We are expanding and are looking for great people to join us. Come out to East Bernard County (we’re only 25 minutes from Sugar Land TX, against traffic) and avoid the Houston grind. We’re a “Best in Class” employer out here and proud to offer great career opportunities and benefits. Visit http://www.doriantool.com
Open Position Summary: This position performs engineering duties in planning and designing tools, manufacturing processes and quality control.
Job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Create manufacturing and assembly drawings using parametric modeling and drafting software
- Create and update Bills of Materials in Engineering documents as well as the ERP software
- Overseeing production, inspection, quality assurance, and design changes for specific product lines
- Analyze the design, operation, and performance of Dorian Tool products by means of testing in house or on field
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Understand product specifications and scope of Dorian Tool products to efficiently provide customer support and alternatives for their application requirements
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards, keeping awareness of competitive products, and new technology developments
- Assist Quality Control department to disposition discrepant material
- Assist Shop Floor Manager, cell supervisors, and machine operators regarding quality assurance and inquiries about designs
- Confer with Mechanical Engineer Programmer and Shop Floor Manager to implement tool and fixture design, manufacturing processes and quality control procedures
- Training Manufacturing Representatives, distributors, end-users, and International agents on applications, troubleshooting, and performance of Dorian Tool products
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
- 3+ years Manufacturing Engineering experience or equivalent experience through school
- Manufacturing knowledge specifically of CNC machine tools, programming and materials a plus
- AutoCAD Mechanical and Autodesk Inventor Pro. GibbsCAM a plus
- Great pay and career path based on experience and initiative.
- Employer paid BCBS Health & Dental, Vision and generous 401k matching.
- Company paid college tuition fund for children born while parent is employed here.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Must pass drug screen.
- Dorian Tool is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please apply online or in person 9 – 4pm at Dorian Tool, 615 CR 219, East Bernard, TX 77435
No phone calls please