Suntex Marinas is now hiring Marine Mechanics in Jersey City, New Jersey!
Owning, managing and investing in an extensive network of the best saltwater and freshwater marinas in the United States, Suntex Marinas brings more than a century of combined experience to its industry leadership, always delivering a superior experience on the water for our guests.
At Suntex Marinas, we believe in a passionate dedication to personal and professional integrity. We measure our core values by transparent accountability and unwavering hospitality, by respecting ourselves, our employees, our guests and the environment we share. Suntex team members understand the value of every guest’s experience at our facilities. Friendly, engaging, well-trained and attentive, each team member brings a specific skill-set that contributes to our collective success.
The Marine Mechanic is responsible for carrying out technical operations for the marina.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of boat/vessel; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintains boating records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Determines problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking boat maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Previous Marine Mechanic experience preferred, not required
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service technical equipment
- Excellent customer service skills – known as someone who goes above and beyond
- Must have highly effective communication skills and time management skills
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to work flexible hours on the needs of the property
For consideration, please submit your resume to: