Machinist Tool Room Manager Posting
“Tomorrow’s Technology in Today’s Machine Tools”, is Dorian Tool’s vision and guiding principle.
The Dorian Tool Evolution began in 1982 with the introduction of the Quadra index Tool Post. The evolution continues strong with innovative and industry changing ideas that create tomorrow's technology by our inventive engineers. We build the most technologically advanced Turning, Boring, Cutoff, Milling and many other new cutting tools. Whether manufacturing machining parts for automotive, aerospace, oil, defense or other industrial applications; large parts or small; no matter the size or complexity, the unmatched quality of Dorian Tool products turns machining into profit. We service our global partners through warehouses and distributors in North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
We are expanding and are looking for great people to join us. Come out to East Bernard County (we’re only 25 minutes from Sugar Land/Richmond-Rosenberg TX, against traffic) and avoid the Houston grind. We’re a “Best in Class” employer out here and proud to offer great career opportunities and benefits. Visit http://www.doriantool.com
Open Position: Machinist Tool Room Manager
The Machinist Tool Room Manager will help manage and coordinate activities in the various stages of part production, part fabrication and modification, repair of machine tools and parts. Additionally, complete responsibility for dispensing of all required tooling for the manufacturing floor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and sequences to meet production goals
- Interpret specifications on blueprints and job order
- Ensure finished parts are moved to the next operation (e.g. production, nonconformance, deburr, etc.) and facilitate the disposition of reject products and materials not meeting specification
- Help conduct test runs with completed tools or fixtures to ensure parts meet specifications and make necessary design changes
- Make sure tool requests and tool re-services are conducted effectively
- Report machine and performance issues on a daily basis
- Spot-check jobs for proper tool life usage. Recognize and reduce tool waste
- Work from sketches, verbal, and print information in order to produce projects according to specifications
- Manage the accuracy and consistency of the reject tag procedure according to ISO 9001 specifications
- Coordinate the selection and implementation of accurate machining tools and equipment, such as inspection gauges and tool kits including yearly calibration
- Account for inventory as needed, coordinate with purchasing on new items required.
- Investigate root causes for scrap/rejects, material and tooling problems, unsafe conditions, and accidents
- Assist with keeping the department and machinery clean
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exposure to CNC Machining, including set-up, operation, and programing experience required
- 3 years minimum in Manufacturing/Machining environment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and sketches
- Knowledge and experience using micrometers, depth micrometers, ID and OD diameter gauges
- Understand various tooling technology
- Basic Math Skills
- Geometric Tolerance Skills
- Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
- MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint desired
- Great pay and career path based on experience and initiative.
- Employer paid BCBS Health & Dental, Vision and generous 401k matching.
- Company paid college tuition fund for children born while parent is employed here.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Must pass drug screen.
- Dorian Tool is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please apply online or in person 9 – 4pm at Dorian Tool, 615 CR 219, East Bernard, TX 77435
No phone calls please