Capitol City Produce is a family owned and operated wholesale produce distributor.
At Capitol City Produce we work hard at empowering energized employees to grow personally and professionally so as to share in the success of the company. Since the Ferachi family founded Capitol City Produce in 1947, our family business has grown to become the largest wholesale produce suppliers in the Gulf Coast region and widely respected for providing safe quality foods. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. We are proud to say that for 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.
Now Hiring Local Route Drivers, Over The Road (OTR) Truck Drivers,
and Order Selectors at our Baton Rouge Distribution Center!
SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW
Saturday, April 6th between 9am-1pm at
Capitol City Produce Distribution Center - 16550 Commercial Ave. - Baton Rouge, LA 70816
(Professional Walk-ins Welcome – Please Be Prepared To Interview)
To schedule an interview, email your resume to: MAD@SelfOpportunity.com
OR Text "SELF" to 97211
Questions? Call: 800-594-7036
Order Selector Requirements:
- Previous pallet jack experience.
- Ability to work the night operational shift that begins at 6pm until end of production (open-ended shift that usually ends between 3:30am – 6:00am) including holidays, weekends, and overtime.
- Accurately pick orders verifying quantity and the description of the items being picked.
- Must learn, understand and fully utilize Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) technology.
- Ensure that “wrong product shipped”, “wrong unit measure” and “shorts” are maintained to the company standards.
- Utilize “preferred methods” for picking orders.
Local Driver Requirements:
- Ability to work morning, afternoon, early evening, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Ability to work route beginning at 3:30 a.m. and generally ending by 6:00 p.m. (can be extended during busy times)
- 6 Months or more of driving experience in a straight box truck or vehicle larger
- Valid Louisiana Class A, B or D Driver’s License
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Should be able to obtain DOT Medical Card
- Clear MVR (no more than 1 moving violation within a rolling calendar year)
OTR Driver Requirements:
- 3 years of full-time verifiable tractor-trailer experience.
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 3 years; No convictions for DUI within the past 3 years; No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years; No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too close, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality); No more than 2 moving violation within the past 12 months; No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years
- Great Performance Based Incentive Pay System
- Quarterly and Annual Pay Incentives
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Short Term Disability and Cancer
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunity for Advancement
All candidates must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Interested in other opportunities? Please click here to apply online! - EOE