Capitol City Produce is offering new, INCREASED pay rates for our warehouse employees. We are currently looking for a dedicated, organized, self-motivated Inventory Control Specialist to join our team!
Why is it AWESOME to work at Capitol City Produce?
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Cancer, and Short Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Newly Expanded and Updated Warehouse Facility
- Employee Training and Development
- On Site Safety Manager
- Secured Access for Entire Facility
- Safe, Drug Free Workplace
As part of our family owned business, the Inventory Control Specialist will work under the direction of the Inventory Control and Food Safety Practitioner and is responsible for maintaining an accurate perpetual inventory by counting cycle counts; maintaining accuracy of information pertaining to all product lines; and identify, research and remedy inaccuracies to preserve data integrity.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in inventory control.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data.
- Ability to make simple arithmetical computations.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and maintain the expected work pace.
- Works in refrigerated and freezer areas of a warehouse and will be exposed to one environment for long periods of time.
- Monitors and directly supervises all Company physical inventories.
- Perform scheduled cycle counts by reviewing documentation and verifying against perpetual stock in inventory.
- Generate reports and documentation to research failure activity (e.g., missing stock, unscheduled product moves, non-executed scheduled produce moves and more).
- Maintain accurate inventories in both the host system (Thyme) and the Warehouse Management System.
- Generate follow-up reports to verify accuracy of adjustments.
- Participate in all scheduled audits by counting, researching, adjusting and generating reports to communicate inventory adjustments more than 20 cases or $500 in value.
- Verify item set-up and integrity in dimensions, code dating, and pull size and weight.
- Analyze inventory imbalances through research and physical checks to improve inventory integrity.
- Slot all new items in the warehouse and transmit to Warehouse Management System.
- Evaluate slotting to best assist all areas of Capitol City Produce operation to include but not limited to Receiving, Warehousing and Shipping.
- Communicate and address concerns and issues from Procurement and Sales departments (internal and external) to reduce inefficiencies and product damage.
- Identify process improvement and opportunities for change.
Capitol City Produce is a wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area. We are proud to say that for over 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.