The Industrial Services Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that all jobs performed by a Branch are properly scoped, quoted and executed safely and efficiently to meet the clients’ expectations.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full time employment
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, outlined in clean harbors safety program.
- Responsible for business development, maintenance of customer relationships and the scoping and quoting of projects/jobs.
- Responsible for the proper costing/utilization of labor and equipment for assigned work.
- Manages large-scale industrial service projects, when directed.
- Directs personnel in the operations procedures and requirements to complete industrial service projects.
- Works with the Industrial Service Dispatcher or Branch Manager in the communication of the manpower, equipment and resources required to complete scheduled and emergency projects.
- Participates in joint sales calls with the Account Manager.
- Ensures proper communication with the foreman/supervisor to ensure that contractual obligations are met to complete requested services. Validates project progression status and that change orders are completed and executed, prior to any additional work being performed. Ensures the customer acknowledges change order(s).
- Responsible for health and safety adherence and any issues surrounding projects assigned. Responsible for reviewing operational procedures and assuring correct health and safety plans are in place. Communicates effectively with the health and safety organization regarding on-site specific action.
- Interfaces with the customer in a professional ad effective manner to update them on the project status and/or resolve problems/issues.
- Responds immediately when on-call or secures proper coverage and communicates replacement name to the supervisor/manager.
- Documents competitive issues and conveys finding to management.
- Maintains, in proper working order, any assigned Company equipment.
- Trains and mentors Industrial Service Foreman and assist Industrial Service General Manager in the completion of performance reviews for individuals who they have direct or indirect supervision.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Responsible for routine customer cold calls as well as site visits.
- Performs verifications and reviews of all timesheets to ensure proper billing is achieved.
- Responsible for routine site audits to access crew leadership and safe work practices.
- As necessary, kicks off the job at initial point of execution to assure a CHES team is aware of any safety concerns, staffed adequately, has the correct equipment and the team understands the scope of work. Checks in daily with operations team to understand progress, any execution concerns and the need to discuss any issues with the customer;
- Coordinates with the local Branch Dispatchers/Coordinators to assure all members of the execution team fully understand the resources required (personnel and their qualifications, equipment, etc.), any specifics of the work required (night work, required training, safety needs or requirements, location, specific gates to use, etc.) and the details of the quote.
- Develop relationships with Plant Manager, Operations Manager, Unit Managers and Turnaround Managers by identifying opportunities that could be remedied by allowing us to manage the opportunities.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Valid Driver License
- High School diploma or equivalent (required)
- Knowledge of industrial cleaning equipment and proper safety procedures
- 5+ years Industrial services operations experience (required)
- Knowledge of scoping/pricing of Industrial Service work
- Knowledge of equipment, environmental regulations/statutes, safety and compliance (required)
- Leadership and Supervisory Skills.
- Excellent Communication.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office based applications.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We appreciate all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team! Only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.