Capitol City Produce
Seeking a Benefits Superhero with the power of improving the workplace experience to join our dynamic Human Resources team!
Why is it AWESOME to work at Capitol City Produce?
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Cancer, and Short Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Weekly Pay
- Employee Training and Development
- On Site Safety Manager
- Secured Access for Entire Facility
- Safe, Drug Free Workplace
As a member of our family owned business, the Employee Relations & Development (ER&D) Generalist II - Benefits is primarily responsible for contributing to the overall success of the Department. More specifically, the ER&D Generalist II - Benefits leads two facets in the CCP Employee Life Cycle, which includes the Total Rewards function of the company.
The seven facets of ER&D are:
- Attract Me
- Get Me Started
- Develop Me
- Manage My Performance
- Engage, Recognize and Motivate Me
- Prepare Me for the Next Steps
- Keep Me Safe
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year accredited college or university paired with 5-10 years in Human Resources Generalist role (HRIS, payroll, benefits, wellness or some combination of responsibilities)
- Or minimum of ten (10) years of directly relevant experience
- Excellent leadership, organizational, communication and writing skills
- HR Certification preferred, SPHR, PHR or SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP
- Ability to deal effectively with interpersonal relationships.
- Strong knowledge of basic human resource best practices and current regulations
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Must be computer literate with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level
- Must be highly organized and capable of performing multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Director with managing the day to day tasks necessary to achieve the departmental goals and meet the annual operational plan.
- Oversee the reporting and analytics function of the department within Ceridian Dayforce.
- Leading the full cycle of the Total Rewards function of the department which includes maintaining the Benefit onboarding / off boarding and open enrollment.
- Responsible for auditing payroll and funding the 401k weekly.
- Responsible for reconciling all monthly statements, including additions and term, for Benefit carriers.
- Align with the company wellness vendor to lead company Wellness Program including the wellness initiatives, challenges, and engagement pieces related to the program.
- Work closely with the company’s broker, insurance carriers, retirement vendor as well as any future vendors brought on to support the Total Rewards function in supporting all employee needs.
- Lead all internal audits or partner with auditing firms required to complete necessary 5500 documentation.
- Work closely with the Director to implement employee Performance Management. Ensure that the process is continually improving and consistently performed timely.
- Assist the Recruiting Lead as needed during vacations and heavy times during the recruiting cycle.
- Backup the Payroll Lead in all payroll functions as needed.
- Assist department with all engagement related activities; responsible for supporting company functions such as holiday parties, Spring Fling, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws, rules and regulations with respect to hiring, on-going labor relations and terminations.
- Assist in Managing employee issues including unemployment claims and other litigated matters as needed.
Capitol City Produce is a wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area. We are proud to say that for over 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.