Looking for a FRESH start towards a rewarding career with an ESSENTIAL company? Capitol City Produce is now offering new, INCREASED pay rates for warehouse workers for our Baton Rouge distribution center!
Why is it AWESOME to work at Capitol City Produce?
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Cancer, and Short Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Newly Expanded and Updated Warehouse Facility
- Employee Training and Development
- On Site Safety Manager
- Secured Access for Entire Facility
- Safe, Drug Free Workplace
Order Selector (Days/Nights) - Pay starting at $15 an hour with the ability to earn up $25 an hour following training
Our order selectors make sure we are always picking the right products. In addition to selection, they also build the pallets to make it as easy as possible for the drivers to unload.
- Previous electric pallet jack experience necessary.
- Double electric pallet jack experience preferred.
- Ability to work an open-ended operational shift that runs until the end of production including holidays, weekends, and overtime.
- Accurately pick orders verifying quantity and the description of the items being picked.
- Must learn, understand and fully utilize Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) technology.
- Ensure that “wrong product shipped”, “wrong unit measure” and “shorts” are maintained to company standards.
- Utilize “preferred methods” for picking orders.
Receiving Forklift Operator - Pay starting at $15 an hour
Our forklift operators are responsible for replenishing selection slots and putting away received freight for delivery to our customers. The successful candidate is goal-oriented and demonstrates dependability, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexible schedule which may include morning, afternoon, early evening, weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Ability to work day shift beginning at 7:00 a.m. and generally ending by 5:00 p.m. (can be extended during busy times) Night shift beginning 7pm and generally ending before or by 5am.
- Capability to routinely lift and move 10 to 60 pound cases
- Previous warehouse and forklift experience is preferred
- Communication skills required
Quality Assurance Specialist - Pay starting at $14 an hour
Our QA Specialists ensure that the quality of our produce is up to the standard of the customer by checking the quality of all incoming and outgoing products. They perform quality inspections by following written standardized operating procedures or work instructions. As an advocate of advocates of quality in our business, the ideal candidate will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and committed.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Quality Assurance/Control in a warehouse environment or Associate’s Degree preferred
- Food distribution industry experience is highly preferred
- Good computer skills
- Must be well organized
- Possess good oral, reading, writing and math skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently respond to questions from company departmental staff, customers, and regulatory auditors as required
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to work with a variety of people and situations that require patience and courtesy
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk throughout warehouse continuously
- Must be able to withstand cold temperatures in a produce warehouse environment
Capitol City Produce is a wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area. We are proud to say that for over 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.