Job Req: 60557
The Facility General Manager is directly responsibility for an assigned Transfer, Storage, and Disposal Facility which includes waste management, health & safety, compliance, profit & loss, and staffing.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety are the number one priority at all times
- Manages labor to assure operating costs are in line with budgeted and projected revenue. Labor management includes all employee hours worked, overtime hours worked, hiring, firing, and performance appraisals. Responsibilities also include labor relations, and management in accordance with worker’s compensation regulations and laws.
- Recommends merit increases and promotions of facility personnel
- Manages processing of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes according to specified requirements including RCRA, DOT, customer requirements, and least cost routing. Intimately knowledge of all facility specific capabilities and processing technologies including, but not limited to, wastewater treatment, fuels blending, incineration, lab pack processing, blending, bulking, shredding, pumping
- Ensures and enforces corporate and facility specific Health & Safety protocol and Standard Operating Procedures. Continuously works closely with the safety department to enhance and improve safety within facility as a top priority. Co-chairs Facility Health & Safety meetings.
- Manages and assures accurate and timely analytical, final coding, and billing of lab pack, drum, bulk solid, and bulk liquid materials.
- Works closely with National Logistics to coordinate and assure proper outbound management of waste materials from disposal facilities.
- Reviews and approves all purchasing for the facility.
- Responsible for management of profit and loss statement according to budgeted revenue and percentages. Assures operating costs, labor, materials, supplies, disposal, and SG&A costs meet or exceed budgeted parameters.
- Responsible for the training and development of all plant employees. Responsible for mentoring current and future managers assuring the continued growth of the company
- Assures facility provides proper customer service both internally and externally.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 6-8 years of plant operations experience. 3-4 years of management experience
- Hazardous waste experience an asset
- Working knowledge of environmental statutes and regulations.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent industry experience
- Strong Leadership skills
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/career
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.