Capitol City Produce is a family owned and operated wholesale produce distributor.
At Capitol City Produce we work hard at empowering energized employees to grow personally and professionally so as to share in the success of the company. Since the Ferachi family founded Capitol City Produce in 1947, our family business has grown to become the largest wholesale produce suppliers in the Gulf Coast region and widely respected for providing safe quality foods. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. We are proud to say that for 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.
Now Hiring Facilities Maintenance & Sanitation Coordinator
at our Baton Rouge Distribution Center!
For immediate consideration click “APPLY” to submit a resume
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Day Warehouse Supervisor to schedule equipment services for forklifts, pallet jacks, and chargers with the maintenance companies.
- Keep a log of maintenance performed on each piece of equipment.
- Work with Day Warehouse Supervisor to schedule dock and door maintenance when needed.
- Maintain facility structure (cooler panels, roof, docks, and doors) and address all issues as they arise. Make sure all equipment is in working order and meets all safety standards. Equipment includes but is not limited to: carts, curtains, ladders, dollies, gates, and lighting.
- Maintain rack structure and address all issues that arise. Work with Day Warehouse Supervisor to schedule maintenance or repairs when necessary.
- Work with the Day Warehouse Supervisor to maintain WMS hardware and Control Access hardware and facilitate repairs when necessary.
- Ensure that all work activities are performed with the highest standards regarding safety, food safety, and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Assist with special projects including building expansions, renovations, and other building and site improvements
- Great Performance Based Incentive Pay System
- Quarterly and Annual Pay Incentives
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Short Term Disability and Cancer
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunity for Advancement
Interested in other opportunities? We are also hiring for Night Order Selectors, Forklift Operators/Receivers,
and Over The Road Truck Drivers (OTR position for subsidiary company Double F) – please apply online!