Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors Co., has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
We have more than 4,300 employees across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Together, we are building on almost half a century of innovation by developing new products and services to serve the changing needs of our thousands of customers across a broad range of industries and markets, from local auto shops to major corporations and government agencies. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK. ™
Safety-Kleen is seeking an Equipment Repair Specialist (“ERS”).
- Repair broken, damaged, or worn equipment on-site or at the customer site.
- Maintain logs of repairs, customers to manage breakage rates, customer relationships, equipment characteristics and trends, etc.
- Drive to Safety-Kleen and client locations to fix or collect broken equipment.
- Swap and setup replacement equipment.
- Maintain inventories, tools, and other equipment
- High School diploma or GED required
- 3+ years of work experience repairing mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
- Prefer training in equipment repair to include small pumps and usage of basic mechanic tools, strong electrical experience and working knowledge
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skill proficiency with MS Office
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa
Safety-Kleen offers great job training and career growth opportunities. We offer a competitive pay rate and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage, flexible spending accounts, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement savings plan, tuition assistance, confidential employee assistance program; company-paid sick time, holidays and vacation time.
Typical 8 hour shift to include frequent computer usage. To perform the duties of this job employee must have the ability to walk, stand, sit, climb, crawl, kneel, reach, squat, stoop and twist. Occasional to frequent carrying, lifting, pulling, and lifting of 10-100 lbs., with repetitive movement of both hands. Will use feet for repetitive movement such as foot controls. Occasional driving of small to large vehicle with movement of equipment.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.