The Environmental Waste Manager supports the onsite execution of an environmental waste and recycling program for our customers. This position serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors on a daily basis.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manages and tracks facility wide “cradle to grave” waste generation, storage, and disposal;
- Develops recycling plans/initiatives focused on reducing outgoing waste to landfills;
- Ensures that material is properly packaged, profiled and labeled prior to shipment to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance;
- Schedules transportation and disposal for outgoing wastes as needed;
- Scopes special projects and provide estimates;
- Responsible for program budget and costs;
- Maintains appropriate visibility at customer sites, focusing on execution of work and issue resolution;
- Additional duties may include stormwater inspections and sample collection.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required (B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science preferred);
- Previous environmental waste related experience;
- 3+ years’ experience running a hazardous waste program;
- Management experience in areas of budgets, record keeping, supervision, planning and liability;
- Familiarity with regulatory status requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators, such as EPA, RCRA, DOT etc;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite;
- Effective organizational skills coupled with the ability to multi-task;
- Ability to travel between multiple customer locations as needed;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to balance multiple customer requirements.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.