Job Req: 59642
The Environmental Compliance Manager works in the Central Compliance organization and is responsible for providing compliance support to a variety of Clean Harbors operating plants.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Completing regulatory reports with deadlines to state and/or federal agencies.
- Comprehension of the WIN system and plant operations to evaluate the quality of the data extracted for report completion.
- Review data for certain reports on an on-going basis to address errors in the data that will affect the running of the report. This may be weekly, monthly quarterly depending on the report itself. Make corrections as necessary.
- Regular communication with plant personnel and field compliance managers to aid the process of completing these tasks.
- Work with the plant compliance staff on generating certain reports, and if possible, obtain required signatures/certifications and make the submittals to various regulatory agencies.
- Coordination with the CPG, Operations and other groups if errors are found and corrections must be addressed. Follow up with all parties as necessary to ensure the process is flowing smoothly.
- Review certain compliance workbenches to ensure that the activities are being managed properly at the sites, for instance Hub Management, Inspections Due, Inspection Management, Inspection Work Tickets, Compatibility Workbench, DEA Workbench. Communicate findings as needed.
- Support DEA regulated activities by participating in the audit process of these jobs. Coordinate other DEA paperwork as needed.
- Generate and submit permit applications as needed. Both original permits and renewal application will be managed with associated deadlines through the calendar year.
- Communicate with regulatory agencies, at federal, state and local level.
- Participate in other compliance projects as needed.
- Non-routine travel to plants and field jobs as needed.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- BS degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or related field (preferred)
- 2-4 years’ experience working with WinWeb either at a plant or in a customer service/CPG role
- Knowledge of regulations for DEA controlled substances
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- WIN System familiarization
- Strong analytical/computer technical skills
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.