Across North America, Clean Harbors employs more than 4,000 commercially endorsed drivers and we are looking for a Driver Recruiting Manager. The Driver Recruiting Manager will be responsible for developing, managing, and executing the recruitment and retention strategy for all Clean Harbors drivers; Class A, Class B, Vac, Heavy Haul, Retail, OTR, National Trans. etc. This is a brand new position at Clean Harbors and is responsible for the strategic planning and administration to identify, attract and onboard top talent to meet dynamic business needs efficiently and effectively. The goal of this role is to add value beyond transactional tasks by pursuing opportunities to refine and improve process, capture, and analyze data to identify trends/issues and drive decisions, and build strategic sourcing program to the local markets. Preference will be to candidates who have successfully implemented a program with a former trucking company.
This position will be accountable for driver retention and creating and maintaining a driver retention program.
- Develops and manages recruiting and retention strategies / structure / processes that align and support the talent needs of the Clean Harbors business (Safety-Kleen, Thermofluids, etc.) .
- Work with marketing to direct, design and measure results of advertising and promotional campaigns to recruit appropriate level of talent for the organization. Partner with marketing to develop Employment Engagement Branding activities and tools that articulate and define the company’s image, organizational culture, key differentiators, reputation and products and services.
- Manages processes and procedures to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements including but not limited to: OFCCP, Department of Labor, Department of Transportation, FMCSA, etc.
- Directs, leads, and motivates team members to deliver results by communicating company goals and deadlines; engaging and developing teammates through effective performance management, coaching and training; implementing continuous improvement methods while maintaining customer focus; and embodying company purpose and values to inspire servant leadership.
- Identifies and cultivates strategic partnerships with outside vendors including third party recruiting firms, temporary labor agencies, driving schools, trade associations, etc. that have the capability to provide the targeted talent to Clean Harbors.
- Defines and executes sourcing strategy in partnership with client departments, to ensure a sufficient supply of drivers.
- Partners with the on-boarding team to ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner to meet legal requirements.
- Collaborates with the Talent Acquisition team with respect to corporate policies, procedures, systems and reporting requirements.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Ability to handle sensitive, moderately complex, and confidential information
- Customer focused approach to build positive relationships and respond to organizational needs
- Willingness to learn and achieve proficiency with new technology tools to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to identify ways to improve and promote quality; provide feedback to improve performance
- Possess a strong network within the North American driver community
- Comfortable with influencing others beyond a reporting authority
- A passion for customer service. For both internal and external customers;
- Prior experience as a driver, manager of drivers, dispatcher would be considered an asset for this role;
- A passion for making the workplace better;
- Ability to make sense of big data sets; use analytical rigor to make accurate and precise decisions that will solve real problems;
- Ability to move quickly and understand many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. We value calculated risk taking. However, it is also necessary to understand what decisions are one-way doors and need more time and consensus;
- Ability to think long term and not sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. Act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team. Never say “that’s not my job."
- Use technology to spur innovation and invention and always find ways to simplify. Externally aware, look for new ideas from everywhere, and are not limited by “not invented here." As we do new things, we accept that we may be misunderstood for long periods of time.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Transportation and DOT industry knowledge
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.