ThermoFluids is seeking a District Sales Manager to join the sales team.
Our most successful District Managers have experience selling high-quality products and value-added services prior to moving into a coaching and mentoring sales role. Ideal candidates excel in teaching others how to identify and close new opportunities, grow existing accounts, and create loyal customers through outstanding service. They understand the power of customer retention and growing revenue and profitability by offering new solutions and excellent customer service. They are comfortable leading others in high transaction roles. These individuals have a history of sales achievements; and the rewards and recognition which follow. They are driven by a competitive spirit and desire to have top earnings.
Safety-Kleen invests in you from day one, to ensure your success, by providing you with exemplary company paid training!
- Hire, train, lead and coach outside sales representatives with setting account strategies, creating sales plans, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, and assisting with key customer accounts, as needed.
- Create and manage sales territories.
- Leverage an understanding of the local business environment to support the development of sales and marketing plans in alignment with the Regional strategy.
- Manage the overall business portfolio to maximize territory revenues.
- Develop local sales support tools and customer campaigns.
- Work closely with Branch General Manager (BGM) to ensure sales plans are being executed.
- Work in conjunction with the BGM to create and deliver sales performance evaluations.
- Actively participate in the development, growth, and retention of the top branch accounts.
- Assist the BGM in conducting interviews and onboarding of newly hired sales professionals.
- Develop sales force skills by evaluating Sales Representatives’ strengths/weaknesses.
- Work with the BGM to develop and present sales training and topics for branch personnel.
- 7+ years of outside sales experience and 5+ years of directly managing a staff
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent additional experience required
- Business acumen, including budgeting and forecasting skills
- Successful track record in account management and development
- Prior experience using CRM software tools to manage customers, territory, sales quotas and reporting
- Customer relationship management and negotiating skills
- Training and presentation skills
- Previous experience with interviewing, hiring, developing and managing employees
- Strong technical skills to include Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to work through conflict management and settle disputes equitably
- Persuasive communicator with strong oral and written skills
- Motivation and team building skills
- Ability to set clear objectives and measurements
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Time management skills with strong ability to plan tasks and projects
- Ability to travel 30%+ and a valid driver’s license is required
ThermoFluids is a subsidiary of Safety-Kleen. Safety-Kleen, a Clean Harbors Co., has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green.. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in oil collection and re-refining, parts cleaning technology and industrial waste management. We are uniquely qualified to Make Green Work®: enabling our customers to improve the value of their business by helping them balance their financial and sustainability objectives. We do this better than any other company by providing the most comprehensive protection, a full range of sustainable choices and the highly experienced and trained people necessary to Make Green Work.
We have more than 4,300 employees across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Together, we are building on almost half a century of innovation by developing new products and services to serve the changing needs of our thousands of customers across a broad range of industries and markets, from local auto shops to major corporations and government agencies. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK. ™
Why should you work with us?
Safety-Kleen embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment where the uniqueness of every individual is respected and the contributions of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is encouraged and valued. We offer great job training, career growth opportunities and competitive pay rates. Our fantastic benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage, flexible spending accounts, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement savings plan, tuition assistance, confidential employee assistance program; and company-paid sick, holiday, and vacation time.
Typical 8 hour shift with constant computer usage. While preforming the duties of this job employee must walk, stand, sit, bend, climb, crawl, reach, squat, stoop and twist. Employee must have the ability to carry, lift, pull and push from 10-25+ lbs., with repetitive movement of both hands. Employee may also drive a vehicle.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.