Seeking an Experienced Dispatcher with Great People Skills for our Baton Rouge Distribution Center!
Why is it AWESOME to work at Capitol City Produce?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Cancer, and Short Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Newly Expanded and Updated Warehouse Facility
- Employee Training and Development
- Secured Access for Entire Facility
- On Site Safety Manager
- Wellness Program
- Safe, Drug Free Workplace
As a member of our family owned business, the Dispatch Specialist is responsible for providing clerical support to the operations (warehouse, transportation, customer service) departments.
- High School education or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- One (1) year of on the job in Operations or Customer Service experience preferred.
- Some knowledge of warehouse and transportation operations.
- Have excellent current relationships with customers and suppliers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Moderate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Be able to work flexible hours.
- Must have excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, multi-task.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts, such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve problems independently and apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
Capitol City Produce is a family owned and operated wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area. We are proud to say that for over 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.