Our branch in Elgin, IL is hiring a Full Time Diesel Maintenance Mechanic. This position will be responsible for conducting maintenance on our fleet of company vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, overtime opportunities and weekly pay structure!
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K program with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on company vehicles and equipment
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment, vehicles, and machinery
- Assist drivers with addressing outstanding vehicle issues
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists
- Move company equipment safely on yard as needed
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment and vehicles
- Disassemble, inspects and replace worn or broken parts. Fit and adjust new or repaired parts.
- Diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, clutches, electrical and pneumatic systems, gearboxes, hydraulics, cooling systems, exhaust, brakes, suspensions, lights, etc on a variety of yard equipment, heavy duty trucks, trailers, and other equipment.
- Safely operates gauges, forklifts, shunt truck, torches, grinders, and various hand and power tools
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1+ years mechanic experience with heavy-duty trucks and equipment;
- Previous welding experience is an asset (fabricating shields, attachments, brackets);
- Must have own tools;
- Valid driver’s license, clean MVR required;
- Experience operating heavy equipment is an asset.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
Requisition # 61003
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors/Safety-Kleen?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video along with additional information!
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company. *CH