Hiring: Associate Operations Manager
Location: Montgomery, IL
Nexeo Plastics is a leading global thermoplastic resins distributor, representing quality products from world-class suppliers, and serving a diverse customer base across North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia. From material selection to supply chain and inventory solutions, we go beyond traditional logistics to provide value-added services across many industries, including automotive, healthcare, packaging, wire and cable, 3D printing and more. Our people, our passion, our global reach, and our technology platform allow us to create unique ways to reduce complexity in your business, identify efficiencies, and unlock value for suppliers and customers.
Nexeo Plastics facilities are ISO 9001 certified. We diligently observe a commitment to quality in all of our practices and adhere to a defined quality policy.
- Ensure the health and safety of the facility employees by following policies and procedures and supporting safe operations.
- Working under the guidance of the Director of Operations and Facility Manager, provide leadership to the site team.
- Help manage and lead the day-to-day operations in the distribution, production, and transportation requirements of the facility.
- Work closely with the Facility Manager to identify, manage, and coordinate initiatives to drive improved safety, efficiency, productivity, and profitability
- Work with cross-functional teams as tasked to drive continuous improvement
- Assist the Facility Manager with the organization and execution of project requirements and Business Unit goals and objectives
- Provide support to the Facility Manager in meeting safety, service and cost requirements
- Work cross functionally with Supply Chain and Commercial teams to meet customer needs
- 2-5 years of leadership experience in a logistics, distribution or warehousing environment.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills especially in Microsoft Office, SAP experience highly desirable; SAP/TM or WM experience a plus.
- Must have a safety background with DOT and regulatory compliance required.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a focus on teamwork required.
- Good organization, planning and decision making skills
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
- Nexeo Plastics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Additionally, Nexeo Plastics participates in the E-Verify program to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.
For Immediate Consideration, Click Apply Now to Complete Your Application.