Capitol City Produce
Motivate, Train, Develop and Lead as Assistant Transportation
Supervisor with Capitol City Produce!
Why is it AWESOME to work at Capitol City Produce?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Cancer, and Short Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Newly Expanded and Updated Warehouse Facility
- Employee Training and Development
- Secured Access for Entire Facility
- On Site Safety Manager
- Wellness Program
- Safe, Drug Free Workplace
As Assistant Transportation Supervisor in our family owned business, you are responsible for supervision of the dispatch
office and the driver team. The Assistant Supervisor ensures that the dispatch team continuously monitors all morning
and afternoon routes, all necessary changes are made to maintain on time delivery. He/she will ensure all safety and
security procedures are followed by driving team. He/she will ensure that all employees follow all company policies and
procedures and safety and security standards, and that all employees are in compliance with operational standards. Will
maintain professional relations with customers, Night Managers and Supervisors, Capitol City Produce Staff,
subordinates, peers, and vendors.
- Must have 1-3 or more years of supervisory experience in a food distribution environment.
- Ability to work the weekend shift as required.
- Knowledge of DOT compliance.
- Valid class D driver’s license and medical card preferred
- Knowledge of all aspects of warehouse and dispatch operations, i.e. receiving, shipping, inventory and material handling.
- Ability to work closely within a team environment.
- Must be in great physical condition with the ability to walk, push, pull, stoop, climb and lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must pass drug and alcohol screen.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts, such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and knowledge of weights and measures.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Capitol City Produce is a family owned and operated wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in
Baton Rouge. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh
dairy products. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area. We are proud to say that for
over 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for
the Team, and Integrity.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Text “SELF” to 97211
Questions? Call 800 - 594 - 7036