ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
The Accounting Specialists under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager is responsible for performing data entry associated with billing, job costing and accounts payable. The position requires knowledge in service industry accounting.
- Prepare and distribute customer billing according to established schedule.
- Ensure all job cost and billing tasks are performed timely and accurately.
- Ensure all billing tasks (including maintenance agreements & projects administration tasks) are established, validated and entered timely and accurately in the financial management system.
- Produce accurate maintenance and project invoices for contract billings.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information encountered during the course of business
- Ensure proper filing of all AR and AP
- Consolidate approved timesheets for proper payroll processing
- Conduct research in specific areas assigned by your manager (s)
- Prepare and distribute all required management reports per accounting guidelines or instructions.
- Maintain internal relationships with service team; coordinate with all departments to assure proper and timely flow of data to the Accounting Department
- Build rapport and productive working relationships with customers, vendors, and other outside agents; effectively represent the company’s interest to outside agents to maximize profits.
- Support customer satisfaction initiatives and process
- Support successful operations consistent with ABM Electrical Solutions policies, programs, procedures, systems and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Job duties may be modified at any time.
- HS diploma or GED is required.
- Accounting or Finance degree, preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in in accounting with accounts payable and job costing, required.
- Microsoft Office (outlook, excel, word, SharePoint) advance user preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in service industry accounting, preferred.
- Ability to keep accurate records of activities performed.
- Ability to be proactive, bring forth ideas, attention to detail, quality and quantity of work are critical.
- Must be well organized, hard worker, great attitude and a team player.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions quickly.
- Good understanding of GAAP
- Experience with SOX requirements.
Vance, AL 35490 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy